Monday, April 21, 2008

Brush with reality

There are some moments which make you realise that you have yet not seen life. This incident is one of them.
I was teaching some kids. I get some kicks out of that. So one evening I was going through a Payal's art book and there was a note from her teacher "She has not completed her colour filling exercise". For no good reason, I lost my temper. Even on my repeated questioning she didnt give me any reason for not completing it. I punished her by not talking to her again that day. When I told the same to her mother, she answered me with amusing eyes that they cannot afford her crayons at this time.
I was dumbfounded. How could this simple truth escape me? They were probably affording her education with great difficulty. And Payal was very much sensitive to the financial situation at her home.
I have no clue till when will she be able to continue her education or what use if any will be this little erratic education about alphabets and art to her.

No comments: