Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Miss..

Insti Parties- I attended them only in my second year. But miss the free flow dancing and freely flowing beer bottles, getting drunk, fighting with friends, being dropped back by the same friends, holding myself to tell them I am fine and then dropping with a dhadaaaaaam, waking up late next morn, sitting at Fauji, apologizing for the fights picked up and best of all-always being forgiven :)


Late night walks- Discussions hovering around Who is taking a walk with whom were always savoured with much interest! I avoided them for the fear of losing the few kilos I had gained. Nevertheless, it used to be another activity where I would unload all the secrets (of others ofc)



Back to Back Movies- I still laugh hysterically on the kind of movies we have watched that too in theaters. To name a few- Dhol, Saawariya, Rama Rama Kya Hai Drama, Apna Sapna Money Money et al. But we always had a great time. Commenting out loud and as if it was not enough to have wasted time on watching them, discussing them over and over.

Sleeping- Imagine cushioned seats, drone of some professors discussing Business Environment or Economics or Legal Aspects of Management, air conditioned and curtained class rooms and above all a seat at the end of the classroom, doubled with Rajdeep (turbaned sardarji who used to sit right in front of me) protecting me from the eyes of professors-yes the first year was a heaven for sleeping in classes. Though I never slept in the second year-there was too much time to sleep in room.

Festivities- One amazing thing about IIMs is the way every festival is celebrated. Though the main attraction for everyone was the special menu on these days ( for me yum cakes), but somewhere the spirit of these also caught up with us.


ABOVE ALL MY FRIENDS


2 comments:

Arvind Iyer said...

touching :)
Though I am surprised you have a picture for 'late night walks' ...didn't expect that to be captured in pictures!

(hope we have time/opportunity to make visits this year)

Nikesh Rathi said...

:D

Interesting! (although I am quite sure that all these form a small slice of things being 'missed'!)

- Posted by Chashmdeet gawaah of most of these activities!